The Board of Directors has been actively studying the potential expansion of our current Masjid with the help of an engineering firm. While we as a community may have some ideas about what is best, we need to understand the limitations of our property based on local ordinances.
We’d like to present some concepts to you, the community. Please let us know if you like any of the directions we present. If none of these are appealing, let us know about that too. We feel that community must be in approval of the general expansion directions we take.
Several years ago, we barely filled the main hall for our Friday prayers. Now, by the grace of Allah we are nearing capacity. One must wonder how much fuller will the main hall be in 3-5 years from now.
Before we present these concepts, please note our current building is ~ 4800 SQ FT over 2 floors. Here are the concepts we’d like to present:
Attach New Building to the Existing Masjid Building
- Floor Area of New Building: 6,500 Sq. Ft. (Each New Floor)
- Total Number of Parking: 85
- Total Improvement Cost: About same as Option B but less than Option C
- Opportunities & Constraints: − We have to upgrade the existing Masjid Building to new Standards − There is land left over that can used for more parking or structure in the future
Existing Building to Remain & Build New Building for Future Masjid
- Floor Area of New Building: 8,400 Sq. Ft (Each Floor)
- Total Number of Parking: 92
- Total Improvement Cost: About same as Option A but less than Option C
- Opportunities & Constraints: Existing Masjid building to Remain for other Uses
Build Large New Building for Everything & Demolish Existing Building for Parking
- Floor Area of New Building: 13,000 Sq. Ft. (Each Floor)
- Total Number of Parking: 88
- Total Improvement Cost: Most Expensive to Build
- Opportunities & Constraints: Less Operations & Maintenances Costs
If you’d like to give us your feedback, please do so using this brief survey: